Why they’ll be interested in Spectralink’s Healthcare solution
Enable patient care collaboration
Facilitate clinical safety
Secure Data Exchange
Seamless EHR/EMR Integration
Spectralink is a global leader in wireless telephony solutions for the workplace.
We link people, systems and equipment via a powerful voice, messaging, and data platform. Our DECT, Wi-Fi, and smartphone devices are designed to be flexible, open, and easily integrated into your communication environment. With field-upgradeable for software features, Spectralink devices are Easy to implement, integrate and manage for IT.
Spectralink’s wireless solutions empower clinicians and care team members to roam freely throughout the hospital with voice, data, and security all within reach. This allows you to streamline workflows, collaborate more efficiently, and deliver a better patient experience.
The Spectralink Value Proposition
Spectralink offers over 25 years’ experience, providing unmatched voice quality and secure, compliant data access throughout a healthcare facility. We deliver three core value propositions to the healthcare market.
Our solutions allow
Better Patient Outcomes
- Faster response to alarms and alerts
- Distribution of clinical decision support
- Real-time PHI updates with mobile EHR
- Patient Monitoring
Clinical Quality and Safety
- Improved communications
- Care coordination and collaboration
- Clinical workflow and nursing efficiency
- Infection control
- Higher value of EHR
- Efficient delivery of apps and data
- HIPAA/PHI Security
- Lower TCO
With Spectralink, you gain true end-to-end mobility
Designed specifically for hospitals, Spectralink’s clinical mobility solutions help to improve patient outcomes and satisfaction with:
Keep in mind our checklist of healthcare processes that mobile solutions can improve:
- Nurse call and other care workflows (e.g. managing alarm fatigue, ensuring patient safety)
- Clinical workflows (effectiveness, efficiency, compliance, etc.)
- Healthcare worker safety (injuries, infections, etc.)
- Emergency medicine routines (first responder contact and escalation to second and third responders)
- Regulatory compliance (managing and auditing workflows, linking people-equipment-facilities)
- Key equipment availability (breakdown alerts, etc., via the Internet of Things or IoT)
- Medication storage (e.g. alerts over refrigeration or storage control)
- Medication delivery (linking to pharmacy stock systems, tracking dispensary to point-of-care, etc.)
- Bed and ward management and availability (porterage, cleaning, infection control, etc.)
- Ancillary services efficiency (porterage, cleaning, catering – especially ‘nearest person’ tasking)
- Key services efficiency and compliance (deep clean, disinfection, sterilisation, etc.)
- Patient and healthcare worker security (managing accidents, fire threats and security threats).